Wednesday, July 13, 2005

July 6th: Jamaican Jerk Center

In attendance: Mycroft, Moxie, Solids, Hotsauce, the Lady Aubergine

Jamaican Jerk place in Maine. Recommended by Moxie. I was scared given I had been to a BAD Jamaican place in Maine, located in an old German restaurant that still had ridiculous painted scenes of Germany on the wall.

My second missed Movers meeting. Very disappointed... but I was in Jersey... eating at Bennigans... yes, horrible, but not my choice...

Zeus also missed this place, but not sure why. And probably a good idea since I doubt there was a good vegetarian option. As Moxie said even the rice was cooked in chicken broth.

Apparently all that attended liked it, but I am not firm on this. I will find out. Solids liked it! Whoohoo! Score! Goooooooaaaaaalllll!

Next week (today) is going to be Martha's. A favorite Lebanese joint. Will report soon!

Ready to Move.


[Since this is being posted much later, I cannot remember what specifically was enjoyed, will record this in the future.]

4 comments:

plentyo'moxie said...

(M) was also in attendance at the Jerk place, and actually liked it! Hey (M), he likes it!

(B) is firm on the code name Mycroft, Sherlock Holmes' older, smarter, lazier brother.

Ace, Mover said...

I thought I listed (M) and that he liked it... I guess not... I will update.

And check on Mycroft!

Ace, Mover said...

What was the name of the joint, Moxie?

plentyo'moxie said...

Jamaican Jerk Center, Rt1 1, Cape Neddick, just north of Flo's. One of m favorite details from that night: they always blast really loud reggae, but on this night, they were blasting the most bizarre reggae ever. Including Patsy Cline's Crazy, covered by some trash chick, sung as is but set to a reggae beat. It's hard to describe, but it was precious. Despite the peer-pressure, I couldn't bring myself to ask them what CD is was.