Thursday, January 12, 2006

Waroeng Redux

Present: The Count, Wasabi, Prag 4, Hot Sauce!, Ace, Mycroft, Solids, Zeus, and myself (Moxie).

Our second trip to Waroeng was not as successful as the first. I really can't put my finger on it - maybe it was the larger crowd, maybe it was it not being so new and different and crazy. Certainly the fact that the dish we were counting on for one of the foodtards was not available that night was problematic.


waroeng

waroeng

The poofy cracker things were a big hit for all. Ace totally messed with Solids, telling him Indonesian curry was similar to Indian curry - not sure where he thought that was going to go once the food arrived. I liked Solids food better than mine, so I ate his. I think Mycroft might have eaten mine. There was a lot of meal swapping.

IMGP5295

IMGP5297

I think this was mine - a sort of cold salad with a peanut sauce and a shrimp cracker. I think I thought the cold salad would be noodles - but it was iceberg lettuce.


IMGP5293
meaty spicy goodness - with hardboiled eggs

IMGP5296

IMGP5299

We got two orders of the chicken satay - the first was the bomb. The second, they rushed for us, but rushing chicken is . . .um . . . a bad idea.

Overall, although we were all kinda meh about this visit, I think it was more our bad for not ordering well. We got careless and crazy. But we'll definitely be going back.

No comments: